RECIPE: Lemon Bars
I am always ready to pucker up for these lemon bars. There is something so good about a cold lemon bar garnished with raspberries and mint in the summer. If I could carry them in my purse I would. The shortbread crust makes it all the better !! Don’t forget the tequila and salt!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- To make Bottom Layer: Mix one cup flour and 1/4 cup confectioners sugar. Melt the butter and stir into flour mixture.
- Press flat and even into an 8×8 inch baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While baking, make the top layer: Mix 1 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, and the baking powder.
- Beat eggs and add to mixture, stirring well. Add lemon juice and rind, mix again.
- Pour over bottom layer; Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Cool a little, cut into squares while warm; dust with confectioners sugar.