Allergy Season Is Almost Here
The grass is getting greener, some trees are starting to bud in my yard. That means allergy season is not far behind! For many people spring can be a miserable time of year! So, here are some tips to minimize your suffering:
- Minimize outdoor activity when pollen counts are high. Peak pollen times are usually between 7am and 10am.
- Shut windows in your house on days when pollen counts are high. Use your air conditioner for temperature control instead.
- When gardening or mowing the lawn, wear a filter mask.
- Wash your hair at night before sleeping to remove excessive pollen and potential allergens that could cause irritation.
- Gently rinse the inside of your nose to remove trapped particles.